If you were injured as a passenger in a car accident, you may be wondering how you can be compensated for your losses. Since you weren’t behind the wheel, it is highly unlikely that you were at fault for the crash. However, this often makes the question of how to recover compensation more complicated than it needs to be.
At Klenofsky & Steward, LLC, we are committed to helping injured passengers exercise their rights. The path to compensation doesn’t have to be long and confusing, especially for a passenger. We will work to recover the full and fair amount owed to you. Over our decades of practice, we have won millions of dollars for those injured throughout Denver and Colorado.
Call (303) 647-4003 to schedule a free consultation with a Denver passenger injury lawyer. There are ZERO fees unless we secure compensation for you.
Joe and John are excellent attorneys. It was a difficult case at times, But with their professional experience, they pushed through.K.C.
Experience on Your Side Our injury attorneys are dedicated to your recovery. Call our team today at 303-647-4003 to schedule your free initial consultation. There is no fee unless we win your case!
Does My Passenger Injury Qualify for a Claim?
Some of the most common passenger injuries are as follows:
- Face injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken or fractured bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Head and brain injuries
All of the above injuries—and more—could make you eligible for compensation. As long as your injury was sustained in a car accident that was no fault of your own, it likely qualifies for a claim.
Can a Passenger Be at Fault for a Car Accident?
There are rare cases in which a passenger may be considered at fault for a car crash, making them ineligible for a claim. A few examples include if:
- The passenger attacked the driver;
- The passenger distracted the driver; or
- The passenger knowingly got in the car with a drunk or impaired driver.
That noted, you may recover compensation if you are less at fault than the other party or parties. Under Colorado’s modified comparative negligence rule, a partially at-fault passenger can be compensated for the amount of damages they were not at fault for causing. To put it another way, an injured passenger’s compensation will be reduced according to their share of liability.
How to Recover Compensation for a Passenger Injury
Pursuing compensation as an injured passenger may require you to file a claim with one or more insurers, depending on the number of parties at fault for the accident. For example, if the driver of the car you were in is 40% at fault and the other driver is 60% at fault, you will need to file claims with both insurance companies to get 100% of the compensation owed to you.
Unfortunately, disputes between drivers over who is at fault can lead to delays in your own case. It is integral to have an experienced passenger injury attorney on your side to advocate for you. That way, you won’t be forgotten during a (most likely) lengthy lawsuit between the drivers.
Injured passengers also have the option to file a claim for compensation with their own insurance company. Sadly, however, taking this route may raise your premiums.
What if the At-Fault Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If the at-fault driver is uninsured, you may need to seek compensation through the other driver’s (the one who is not at fault) uninsured motorist coverage. You may also file a claim under your own uninsured motorist coverage, even though you weren’t driving at the time. Again, this may raise your premiums.
At Klenofsky & Steward, LLC, we can help you find and take the best route to compensation for your unique case. We have over 40 years of combined experience in maximizing compensation for injured passengers. Let us fight for you!
Take the First Step—Book a Free Consultation
Our experienced Denver passenger injury lawyers will thoroughly evaluate your claim, making sure that you aren’t setting yourself up to be shortchanged. With our help, you can rest assured that the insurance adjuster won’t find it easy to devalue, or completely deny, your claim.
Depending on your injuries, you could be entitled to compensation for damages such as:
- Hospital and ER bills
- Medical treatment
- Rehabilitative care
- Lost wages and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
We are proud to provide award-winning, proven representation to our clients. Under our “No Recovery, No Fee” policy, you won’t owe us a dime unless we win your case. So why wait? Put our tireless advocates on your side.
Contact us online for a free consultation. If you can’t come to us, our Denver passenger injury attorneys offer in-home visits at no extra charge!
- Millions Recovered For Our Clients
- Zero Fees Unless We Win Your Case
- In-Home Consultations Available
- Evening & Weekend Meetings