Distracted driving is extremely dangerous, yet many people across the state engage in this risky behavior every time they get behind the wheel. From texting to eating, to rubbernecking at accidents, there are countless distractions that could pull a person’s attention away from the road. When this causes a crash, the distracted driver can be held accountable—regardless of whether they were intentionally or unintentionally negligent.
Have you been injured by a distracted driver? Our experienced trial lawyers at Klenofsky & Steward, LLC want to help you recover compensation for your damages. Don’t let a negligent driver or a greedy insurance company leave you without financial support after upending your life. As a car accident victim, you have a right to compensation.
Just a handful of reasons why accident victims choose Klenofsky & Steward, LLC include:
- Free, no-risk consultations
- 24/7 availability
- “No recovery, no fee” policy
- Millions of dollars already recovered for our clients
- Compassionate yet experienced legal counsel
- Relentless representation in court and negotiations
Our team will fight tooth and nail for you. But don’t just take our word for it—experience all the benefits of working with our legal team for yourself.
Give us a call at (303) 647-4003 to consult a Denver distracted driving accident attorney.
Joe and John are excellent attorneys. It was a difficult case at times, But with their professional experience, they pushed through.K.C.
Experience on Your Side Our injury attorneys are dedicated to your recovery. Call our team today at 303-647-4003 to schedule your free initial consultation. There is no fee unless we win your case!
What Is Distracted Driving?
According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), distracted driving claimed 3,142 lives in the year 2019 alone. Research has suggested that distracted driving accident rates have only increased since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
But what is considered distracted driving? If you were injured in a crash, it is important to know that distracted driving is not limited to phone use, such as talking on the phone or texting and driving.
Distracted driving may also involve:
- Watching videos
- Eating and drinking
- Talking to passengers
- Reaching for an item
- Grooming, such as fixing hair or applying makeup
- Rubbernecking at an accident
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting the AC or heater
- Adjusting mirrors, steering wheel, or seat
- Fiddling with navigation apps and devices
- Fiddling with the vehicle’s infotainment system
- Getting lost in thought, from spacing out to worrying about problems
If you suspect the other driver was distracted and, therefore, caused the crash, don’t wait to speak to a Denver distracted driving accident lawyer. Contact Klenofsky & Steward, LLC online today.
Compensation for Distracted Driving Accident Injuries
A distracted driving accident can cause either minor or severe injury. Successful claims will result in compensation for the full amount of losses, financial and/or emotional, that you have suffered. (In legalese, these losses are referred to as “damages.”)
Most distracted driving accident victims are eligible for financial compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses, from doctor’s visits to rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering, physical and emotional
- Loss of wages, benefits, and future earning capacity
- Household expenses and accommodations
This list is not exhaustive. To ensure that you get the most out of your claim, it is recommended to work with a skilled lawyer. At Klenofsky & Steward, LLC, we offer free, no-risk consultations to the injured. We will answer your questions and help you decide which course of action is best for you.
Learn Your Rights in a Free Consultation
If you are searching for effective, experienced legal representation, we’re right here to help. As distracted driving accident attorneys, we have focused our careers on fighting for those injured by negligence. In our over 40 years of combined experience, we have helped clients throughout Colorado maximize their compensation.
- Millions Recovered For Our Clients
- Zero Fees Unless We Win Your Case
- In-Home Consultations Available
- Evening & Weekend Meetings