Injured on the Job? Call Our Firm 24/7 the Help You Need!
If you were hurt in a workplace accident, you should speak to the Kansas City workers’ compensation attorneys at Klenofsky & Steward, LLC as soon as possible. We are dedicated to the individuals we represent. You can expect elite representation from our team. With 24/7 emergency services and a track record of successful cases, you can have confidence working with us. We're here to help you pursue the maximum recovery you are entitled to so you can focus on healing and get back to your life.
Why Hire Klenofsky & Steward, LLC?
- We answer calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We offer in-home consultations if you cannot travel.
- You won’t pay us any legal fees unless we win your case.
- We've recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- We will start your case with a FREE initial consultation.
Joe and John are excellent attorneys. It was a difficult case at times, But with their professional experience, they pushed through.K.C.
Experience on Your Side Our injury attorneys are dedicated to your recovery. Call our team today at 816-865-5700 to schedule your free initial consultation. There is no fee unless we win your case!
What To Do If You Are Injured On the Job
If you are injured in a workplace accident, the first thing you must do is report it to your employer. It is also important to keep in mind that many states have a limited amount of time to report a workplace accident after it has occurred; most states only give the employee a few days after the accident at most.
The next step you need to take is to file a workers’ compensation claim within your state. Doing so formerly notifies your employer, the court, and your employer’s insurance company of your workplace accident so that you can begin collecting workers' comp benefits.
What Are Your Rights After a Workplace Accident?
Although workers’ compensation rights vary from state to state, the following general laws are typically common throughout the country:
- Right to file a claim of your injury or illness in the worker’s compensation court
- Right to see a physician for medical treatment of your injury
- Right to return to your job after a doctor has released you
- Right to disability compensation if you are unable to return to work due to your workplace accident or injury
- Right to appeal any workers’ compensation decision that has been made by an employer or his or her insurance company
- Right to be represented by a workplace accident attorney through the entire process
What Do Workers' Compensation Benefits Cover?
Missouri workers' compensation laws award injured employees fixed amounts of compensation so they don't have to worry about the complex court process and ongoing litigation in order to obtain the money they need. Every jurisdiction is different. Our team can answer your specific questions about the compensation you are entitled to receive for your workplace injury.
In Missouri, workers’ compensation provides the following benefits:
- Set weekly payments in lieu of wages
- Reimbursement for all medical expenses
- Reimbursement for out-of-pocket costs
- Compensation for past loss of wages
- Death benefits for dependents of employees
Seeking Further Damages Through a Third-Party Claim
When you file a workers’ compensation claim, you must agree not to sue your employer—even if your accident was caused by their negligence. However, this does not apply to negligent third parties. If, for example, your accident was caused by faulty equipment, you may have grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit against the manufacturer. This would allow you to seek damages for losses not covered by workers’ comp, which only covers medical bills and a portion of your lost wages.
- Millions Recovered For Our Clients
- Zero Fees Unless We Win Your Case
- In-Home Consultations Available
- Evening & Weekend Meetings
Whether you need help filing a workers’ compensation claim or personal injury lawsuit, you can have confidence choosing the Kansas City workers' comp attorneys at Klenofsky & Steward, LLC. We have extensive experience and a reputation for successful advocacy. Not only have we recovered millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of our clients, but we make ourselves available 24/7. Don’t wait to get the help you need—contact our firm today to request your free, no-obligation consultation!
Call Klenofsky & Steward, LLC today for your complimentary case review at (816) 865-5700.